Dec 1, 2021
Ep. 72: Former hockey coach John Bacon offers lessons he learned
turning the nation’s worst high school hockey team into one of its
most celebrated. Subscribe here https://donyaeger.com/corporate-competitor-podcast/episode-72/
for a free gift and today’s show notes! You will
- 5:00 Why a star system demotivates the entire team.
- 11:00 The best way to make your team “special.”
- 12:00 How to be patient with results, but not behavior.
- 14:30 Mentors are far more important than pay for your first
- 18:00 How to put values over victories
- 22:00 How to measure statistics in business.
- 23:30 Why silos are death for team spirit.
- 24:45 How to break down the sales vs. service silo.
- 30:00 How to increase discretionary energy.
- 35:00 How to handle credit given to you and your team.
- 38:00 The heartwarming story of John’s player Scooter
Special thanks to Florida State's Brian Schnorr for making
this episode possible.